Saturday, June 27, 2009

There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly Literacy Bag

I've been busy reopening my Ebay Shop and adding new items. I recently added There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed...Literacy Bag. These books are always a hit with children and I made story cards and props to go with 9 books. Here is a picture of my hand painted canvas bag - I wasn't sure if I would be able to paint the Old Lady, but I'm happy with how it turned out:


The literacy bag includes a CD with all of the activities. My kids love "feeding" the old lady. I made objects from each of the books to go with my Old Lady. The Old Lady is really cute and the graphic is from Original Country Clipart by Lisa. Here's a picture of my Old Lady:




Awhile back I stumbled on a great deal on Amazon. They priced some great Child's Play Storysacks at a steal. I bought 10 of them before they raised the price back to $65. I've got a few left and you can buy them for $25 in my Ebay shop if you get it with the opening bid. The set comes with a really cute stuffed old lady and bean filled objects to feed her from the Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly book - the book and everything pictured is included too! Here is a picture:


I'd love to hear your teaching ideas for the Old Lady Books - feel free to comment away!
Pam

0 comments:

Post a Comment