Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lois Ehlert Activities for Planting a Rainbow & Growing Vegetable Soup

Here are some great resources for Lois Ehlert's Planting a Rainbow:


I found this Groovy Rainbow Cupcake from Flickr: breeleed
I made a yellow cake mix (white also works, too) and then divided the batter into four bowls. Using Wilton icing colors, I dyed each bowl of batter with my favorite color. Just spoon each color into a lined cupcake tin and you're all set!


Makes and Takes has a great activity: planting a rainbow


Virtual Vine has a neat rainbow unit


Growing Vegetable Soup Activities:

First School's Vegetable Basket Craft


Cute video from Gardentime: Kids Seed Planting Projects
Enjoy!
Pam

1 comment:

  1. I love your site. This is a great resource for elementary teachers. I will pass it along to the ones who I consult.

    ReplyDelete